Standard Interact Online Family Dispute Resolution Sessions are scheduled for three hours.
The fee is paid per person.
If you have not participated in pre-mediation yet book in here – Family Dispute Resolution – Pre-Mediation Preparation Process
You must participate in pre-mediation before you can participate in a mediation session so check with our team before purchasing this service.
About this service
This service is a 3 hour Family Dispute Resolution (Family Law Mediation) Session for parenting, property settlement or financial issues that need to be resolved.
It will be held via Zoom Video Meeting technology unless one of you is unable to use the internet for a video meeting.
In that case, the session will be conducted by phone or mediator facilitated negotiation.
The service can be used for the following:
- Negotiating or re-negotiating parenting agreements
- Negotiating property settlement agreements
- Negotiating your separation, financial matters, and so on when you first separate
- Negotiating other issues related to separation or divorce.
The service is a co-mediation model with two Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners or a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and Intern.
Is one session enough?
That depends on your situation, the complexity of the issues, how much goodwill there is between you, how many, and what type of issues you have to resolve.
Sometimes one session is plenty for example to review or extend existing agreements.
In property settlement mediations you can expect that in most cases there will be the need for at least two sessions. Remember that if you were using a lawyer to negotiate your property settlement the cost and time would normally be much higher.
What is the process?
You can find out more about the family dispute resolution process used by Interact Support on this page on our site. www.interact.support/family-dispute-resolution-process/
- We use a three-stage, nine-step mediation process for parenting mediation.
- Property mediation makes much greater use of technology using a tool called FamilyProperty to manage the documentation of the process.
How long is your waiting list?
We don’t have a waiting list due to our model of working with a team of professional mediators around Australia.
You must participate in the pre-mediation processes before you can book in for a mediation session. FDR Pre-Mediation.
What if I can’t afford the fee?
Interact Support uses social enterprise principles so we don’t turn people away because of their financial situation.
Please let us know if you are in financial distress or a low fixed income ($50,000) and are seeking a discount on your fees. We can provide you with a voucher to discount the fees or negotiate a payment plan.
- In some post-separation family situations, one person has access to plenty of money and the other not much. In that case, we will agree for one person to pay the fees for the service on behalf of both of you. This does not affect the impartiality of the mediator.
- In other situations, one person agrees to pay but they want that to be a point of discussion for a financial adjustment during the property settlement negotiation.