New Ways for Families
This self-paced online course explores strategies for parents to increase their resilience and ability to work with their co-parent. It also identifies children’s developmental needs and how you can protect them during the process of separation and divorce.
Fully updated to the Australian Family Law System the course is based on the very successful program developed by Bill Eddy and the High Conflict Institute in the United States.
Across 12 modules you will learn why protecting your children (and yourself) from parental conflict is so important, the four big skills that will help you to improve your ability to negotiate with your former partner and strategies to achieve better outcomes.
If you are separating or even if you find yourself in conflict with your co-parent this course has everything you need to know to improve the situation.
The course is delivered over 12 modules and should take about 12 hours to complete.
Module 1 – Coping with stress (managed emotions)
Module 2 – Solving co-parenting problems (flexible thinking)
Module 3 – Avoiding over-reacting (moderate behaviours)
Module 4 – Influencing your co-parent (checking yourself)
Module 5 – Extreme behaviours and the effects on your child’s brain
Module 6 – Raising healthy children
Module 7 – Child development goals
Module 8 – Parenting schedules
Module 9 – Using professionals
Module 10 – Ne partners and new families
Module 11 – Handling financial issues as a co-parent
Module 12 – How to avoid becoming a high conflict case
Course Duration and Fees
- Approximately 12 hours of self-paced online learning including videos, reading and quizzes
- $198 full fee with up to 100% concession for low income earners
- Online learning access for six months
- Comprehensive self-reflection Journal in PDF format
- Certificate of Completion from Interact Support
- Parents, step-parents, grandparents, other people who provide care for children
- New Ways Coaches are available for individual or group coaching in conjunction with the New Ways for Families course.
- Visit www.newways.interact.support/find-provider/