Working from your own home or office you will create graphics and illustrations for web pages, blog posts, articles, e-books, brochures, fact sheets and other written material designed to educate and inform the public about issues related to healthy families and family conflict / violence and more specifically Interact Support Programs and services.
We are looking for a team player who wants to build their portfolio and be recognised for your work with Interact Support helping us to build a cohesive graphic strategy.
- work with Interact Support staff and contractors to identify the opportunities to improve and add graphics to our materials, communicating regularly with team members by phone, email or face-to-face video conferencing;
- tailor the style of graphics according to their purpose – whether they are intended to educate or promote our services and in what context;
- develop graphic communication that is purposeful, emotive and inspiring and encourages action or greater clarity;
- work with other team members to develop and ensure that any brand and style guides are used consistently;
- review and update the role responsibilities in consultation with the Volunteer Coordinator
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive articles.
• Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent graphic design skills in the areas of print and electronic / online media.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Design Suite.
• Highly organised and good time management.
• Show a strong attention to detail.
• Collaborative approach and ability to contribute in team environments.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• Two years’ experience with graphic design.
• Currently studying or have completed studies in graphic design.
• Familiar with website content management systems (WordPress)
• Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
• Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Download the full Job Description and Volunteer Agreement. Then contact our Volunteer Coordinator with a copy of your CV and a covering letter / email to express your interest in this role.