This is a new role which you will get the opportunity to make your own.
Working from your own home or office you will assist Interact Support by raising funds to support our operations, in particular, to raise a fund to provide full or partial subsidies to pay our professionals providing dispute resolution services when working with clients who can’t afford fees due to financial hardship.
- work with Interact Staff and contractors to identify fundraising opportunities and work with a team to pursue those opportunities communicating regularly with team members by phone, email or face-to-face video conferencing;
- perform prospect research on government, foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- be responsible for conducting and/or coordinating the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to government, foundation and corporate sources.
- if we are successful in raising funding there may be the opportunity for paid work with our team to gather information necessary to report to government/corporate/foundation funders on successfully acquired grant programs and to comply with all grant reporting required by funders and donors.
- design and develop a crowdfunding program to allow individuals to donate to Interact Support
- provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to supporters and donors.
- maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- track service delivery activity and provide written materials that include denatured client stories necessary to demonstrate the value delivered to clients from the grants and other funds you bring in;
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive articles.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors would be encouraged.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for articles and fundraising.
- Collaborative approach and ability to contribute to team environments
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- studies or experience in not-for-profit fundraising
How to Apply
Download the full Job Description and Volunteer Agreement. Then contact our Volunteer Coordinator with a copy of your CV and a covering letter / email to express your interest in this role.