This is a new role which you will get the opportunity to make your own.
Working from your own home or office you will write and/or review web pages, blog posts, articles, e-books, brochures, fact sheets and other written material designed to educate and inform the public about issues related to healthy families and family conflict / violence and more specifically Interact Support Programs and services.
- work with Interact Support staff and contractors to identify the materials needed communicating regularly with team members by phone, email or face-to-face video conferencing;
- research the issues and speak with Interact Support staff, clients and contractors to understand the issues and focus of our work;
- tailor the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose – whether they are intended to educate or promote our services;
- write in an accessible and targeted way, identifying how to communicate key messages in a way that helps the reader to understand, feel and react in a planned way using calls to action and practical tips;
- ensure that any images or video you source are copyright-free or compliant with copyright obligations and/or work with other team members to ensure that the visual elements of the copy complement the words;
- seek to identify fresh and interesting angles for your articles;
- edit your own and others’ writing and accept others editing your writing;
- assist with marketing material and bids to attract new clients and funding;
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive articles.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for articles and fundraising.
- Collaborative approach and ability to contribute in team environments
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- experience with copywriting.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising would be ideal.
- Familiar with website content management systems (WordPress)
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments and ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet production goals.
How to Apply
Download the full Job Description and Volunteer Agreement. Then contact our Volunteer Coordinator with a copy of your CV and a covering letter / email to express your interest in this role.