The Magistrates Court of Victoria is the court that implements the laws related to family violence in Victoria.
They have published a series of Videos that helps to explain Family Violence and the Magistrates Court System.
Check out your own state magistrates court to see if they have similar resources however the rules and process won’t be significantly different so watch these short videos to find out more.
- Victoria www.magistratescourt.vic.gov.au/
- Queensland www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/magistrates-court
- NSW www.localcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/cases/avo_procedures.aspx
- ACT www.courts.act.gov.au/magistrates
- TAS www.magistratescourt.tas.gov.au/
- SA www.courts.sa.gov.au/OurCourts/MagistratesCourt/Pages/default.aspx
- NT www.localcourt.nt.gov.au/
- WA www.magistratescourt.wa.gov.au/
If you are confused about your options with regards to Family Law or Family Violence book in for an Interact Consultation to develop a good understanding of your options and a goal plan to move forward. Interact Consultation
What is Family Violence?
What is an Intervention Order?
The Application Process
If an Intervention Order is served on you
Family Violence Intervention Order Conditions Explained
What happens in the Court Room
Support workers and legal representatives