Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and Coach
Ken Speakman is an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) who specialises in Transformative Relationship Mediation, High Conflict Family Dispute Resolution (FDR), Parenting & Property Mediation, and Mediation Coaching & Mentoring.
Where he can he helps to prevent family breakdown through Transformative Relationship Mediation. TRM is a specialised form of mediation that helps couples who are experiencing high levels of interpersonal conflict to peacefully resolve their issues, in a future focused and respectful manner.
On the other end of the spectrum he helps people who have experienced high levels of conflict to negotiate settlements where standard Family Dispute Resolution is not able to in a safe and professional manner.
· Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution (Grad. Dip. FDR)
· Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Attorney Generals Department)
· Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS)
· Transformative Relationship Mediation Practitioner
· Graduate Certificate in Commerce
· Graduate Certificate in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
· Practitioner and Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
· Certified and Licensed New Ways for Families Coach
· Current Certificate IV in Training and Education (TAE)
· Ongoing professional development in dispute resolution, family violence, family law, interpersonal skills and other relevant topics.
My focus is on helping people like you, to sort out the things that need to be sorted out after separation.
Sometimes there is a history of family violence during the relationship and sometimes it was something that has occurred only towards the end. In some cases my clients have managed to continue to be respectful towards each other despite deciding that they no longer want to be a couple.
Whatever your story is I have a deep understanding of the family law system, the challenges you face and the risks associated with bad decisions based on your current feelings. While I have compassion for the emotional pain and frustration that is usually experienced at the end of a relationship allowing it to guide your decisions is a really bad idea!
It isn’t easy but as tempting and justified as it may feel right now, turning life into a series of battles doesn’t help.
You can do the work needed to resolve your issues respectfully leaving both of you with a share of the families resources that you each need to rebuild. I will also remind you of the importance of protecting the children as much as possible.
Book a Free Phone Consultation
Ken Speakman provides services in the following practice areas.