About the Workshop
This one day workshop is for professionals working in Family Law such as Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners, Lawyers and Barristers.
Purpose of the Workshop:
To improve your work with High Conflict People in Separation and Divorce disputes. This work can be less stressful and better managed by understanding high-conflict behaviours and using advanced professional skills to manage them.
High-conflict disputes are increasing in all aspects of society, especially in separation and divorce.
They often involve one or more parents, family members, friends and/or professionals with high-conflict behaviour, characterized by all-or-nothing thinking, unmanaged emotions, extreme behaviour, preoccupation with blaming others and lead to prolonged, unresolved conflicts.
This one-day program with Bill Eddy will focus on:
- Understanding personality disorders and managing potentially high-conflict people.
- Four key skills for managing upset emotions, by assisting clients in analysing their options and make proposals, appropriately responding to misinformation and setting limits on misbehaviour.
- Recognizing the personality patterns related to these behaviours and to understanding what to look for in one’s own client and the opposing party, with tips on working in these conditions in mediation and in court.
- Methods for managing mild, moderate and severe cases of parental alienation in and out of court.
- Treatment methods including the ‘New Ways for Families’ method now being used in Australia, the U.S. and Canada.
Who Should Attend
This one-day workshop is specifically designed for Family Law Professionals such as Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners and Lawyers and support staff.
When: Monday 24th September 2018
Where: Melbourne CBD location
Cost: Early Bird Rate $550 (till 31st July 2018) Standard Rate $660
Payment: Payment plans by Visa or Mastercard direct debit are available. Book in using the invoice request option.
6 hours of Continuing Professional Development (6 CPD Units)
Please enquire with your CPD scheme to confirm how many units you can accrue.
About Bill Eddy
Bill Eddy is a lawyer, therapist, mediator and the President of High Conflict Institute.
He developed the “High Conflict Personality” theory (HCP Theory) and has become an international expert on managing disputes involving high conflict personalities and personality disorders.
He provides training on this subject to lawyers, judges, mediators, managers, human resource professionals, businesspersons, healthcare administrators, college administrators, homeowners’ association managers, ombudspersons, law enforcement, therapists and others. He has been a speaker and trainer in over 25 states, several provinces in Canada, Australia, France and Sweden.
About New Ways for Families
New Ways for Families is a parenting course designed to help improve difficult co-parenting relationships with practical skills and techniques for co-parents.
The course is offered in Australia by Interact Support as a 12 module self-paced online learning course (approximately 12 hours of learning) and also with coaching support.